Mobile Shop (40)
The Piecing Together Collection was created to provide those living with dementia, limited fine motor skills or visual impairments with a fun activity that can be enjoyed alone or with a loved one. 850,000 people are estimated to be living with dementia in the UK, a disease that can be isolating for both the sufferer and their family members, friends or carers.
Nederland € 3,95, België € 13,95
Betalen via bankoverschrijving
voor onze Nederlandse klanten
voor onze Belgische klanten
Our goal was to create a puzzle that can bring people together during these difficult times. So we undertook thorough research and development when designing this collection, which included care home visits, liaising with Age UK Centres and teaming up with Zoe Wryko, Consultant Geriatrician and member of the expert team on Channel 4's award-winning TV show, Old People's Home for 4 Year Olds.
The puzzle images were chosen specifically to evoke fond memories from years gone by to spark conversations with loved ones and reminisce around topics that may be long forgotten. 'Mobile Shop' is a 40 piece puzzle that’s been painted by the talent Trevor Mitchell. It portrays a time when the local mobile shop would make its way around the villages, delivering essentials like meat and vegetables.
Made in the UK, the puzzles are available in a range of piece counts to suit different abilities and the large, easy to handle pieces are made using 100% recycled board that is the thickest on the market.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
We wanted the Piecing Together range to bring together our local community. Therefore, this design has been illustrated by students at Reigate School of Art in Surrey and some images sourced from the Mary Evans Picture Library. The students were tasked to illustrate items from the 50s and 60s and did a tremendous job of capturing the essence of that time. To ensure they were correct, we showed the illustrations to residents in a local care home who were delighted by the nostalgic drawings.
- Developed for jigsaw fans who have limited motor skills, visual impairments or those living with dementia.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK using 100% recycled puzzle board
- The puzzle image inside can be used as a guide to help piece the puzzle together
- The large pieces and gorgeous imagery has been designed to be age-appropriate for adults, yet accessible to all.
- Developed with Dr. Zoe Wryko, Consultant Geriatrician and member of the expert team on Channel 4's award winning TV show, Old People's Home for 4 Year Olds.